The devaluation of the midpoint of the forint's trading band on June 4 was a "grave mistake," said Gabor Oblath, a nominee for membership on the Monetary Council of central bank MNB, at a parliamentary hearing on Monday, Napi Online reported.
The recent developm
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes
- RBA paper modifies DGSE to include housing sector