Officers seized 460,835 fake HK$10 coins in 2001 - nearly four times the 115,292 found in 2000, but the authority considered the number to be small.
In 1999, a total of 168,612 fake HK$10 coins were confiscated, 60 per cent more than in 1998.
The authority's non-committal response came after the HSBC's general manager Raymond Or said in
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde