Since July, people can no longer exchange the cash free of charge in high street banks. They can, however, exchange the cash free of charge at any branch of the Bank of Spain, for an unlimited period.
There is still 1.24bn euros worth of pesetas in notes yet to be changed, down 15 per cent compared with the previous month. The figure for coins was stable at 1.006bn euros. In July the Bank
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency