The spokesman for the Bank of Portugal said that Portuguese prefer to pay by check or credit card instead of carrying 200-or 500-euro notes in their wallets.
"We won't be putting notes of 200 and 500 euros into circulation because there is no demand for such large denominations," he said.
The spokesman added that Multibanco, Portugal'
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde