The cut leaves the benchmark central bank base rate at 10.5%.
The cut, which surprised market analysts, came on the back of improvements to the economic outlook.
The central bank said: "There has recently been an improvement in sentiment towards the Hungarian economy and uncertainties related to external financing have diminished significantly, due
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says