Quoted in the daily Nepszabadsag, Jarai said that Hungary aims to join the EMU two years after EU accession, which the government hopes will take place at the beginning of 2004.
In order to adopt the euro, inflation will have to be reduced to 2% by the end of 2004, said Jarai. With the wid
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- ECB’s easing policies reduced inequality, paper says
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB