65 Martin Place
GPO Box 3947
In 1911 legislation established the Commonwealth Bank of Australia. Originally it was a commercial bank with a large savings business. In the 1920s, it was given control of note issue and started acting as a central bank. It was given wider
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting