Mr McGuire: "I just want to say one word to you - just one word." Benjamin: "Yes sir." Mr McGuire: "‘Plastics.'...There's a great future in plastics. Think about it."
Around the time cinemas were showing a young and impressionable Benjamin Braddock turn his mind to other pursuits in The Graduate, Australia's central bank embarked on a journey that would see plastic mount a challenge to paper 's thousand-year dominance of the banknote market.
The journey has been a long one. Soon after Australia
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says