Mr McGuire: "I just want to say one word to you - just one word." Benjamin: "Yes sir." Mr McGuire: "‘Plastics.'...There's a great future in plastics. Think about it."
Around the time cinemas were showing a young and impressionable Benjamin Braddock turn his mind to other pursuits in The Graduate, Australia's central bank embarked on a journey that would see plastic mount a challenge to paper 's thousand-year dominance of the banknote market.
The journey has been a long one. Soon after Australia
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré