Janet Yellen has indicated she would be open to the idea of re-examining the appropriate level for the Federal Reserve’s inflation target.
“This is one of our most important decisions, and one where we are attentive to evidence and so I think it is one we will be reconsidering at some future time,” the Fed chair told a press conference on June 14.
A group of high-profile economists called on the Fed to consider revising up its 2% target in a letter on June 8. Joseph Stiglitz, David Blanchflowe
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- Asset purchase programme is key to central bank credibility – ECB paper
- BoE’s Forbes points to bias among overworked MPC members
- UK payments regulator unveils competition reforms
- OCC warns on cyber risks from subpar patches at US banks