United States: Joseph Otting has been nominated by president Donald Trump to serve as the US Comptroller of the Currency. The senate needs to confirm the nomination before he can take office.
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) is in charge of regulating and supervising national banks and savings institutions across the country. In his new role, Otting will also become a director of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
Otting has had a long career in the financial service
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE’s Forbes points to bias among overworked MPC members
- Asset purchase programme is key to central bank credibility – ECB paper
- UK payments regulator unveils competition reforms
- OCC warns on cyber risks from subpar patches at US banks