The president of Belarus has changed the central bank’s policy mandate, making price stability the main goal, rather than support of the country’s currency.
President Alexander Lukashenko signed presidential decree 108 to amend the statutes governing the central bank, the National Bank of the Republic of Belarus (NBRB) says in a statement issued on April 11. The decree will become effective three months after its signature.
Decree 108 establishes “the maintenance of price stability” as “the ma
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- No ‘Taylor rule’ without Meltzer’s support
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré