A senior US lawmaker has told Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen that the Fed must cease negotiating international regulatory agreements or participating in major financial forums until president Donald Trump has appointed different officials.
Representative Patrick McHenry wrote formally to Yellen on January 31, making strongly worded criticisms of the Fed's participation in economic forums and its negotiation of regulatory standards.
He also called for a "comprehensive review" of recent inte
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- No ‘Taylor rule’ without Meltzer’s support
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré