In September, Trump said on CNBC: "I think [Yellen] is very political, and to a certain extent, I think she should be ashamed of herself."
When US Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump lashed out at Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen in September, saying she was creating artificially loose monetary conditions to ensure a Democratic victory in the US elections, a new low point was reached in terms of political attacks on developed world central banks.
Unfortunately, for public servants s
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- No ‘Taylor rule’ without Meltzer’s support
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré