The Central Bank of the Philippines (BSP) has imposed a “hard deadline” for banks to replace all magnetic strip cards with EMV chip-based ones.
The monetary board of the BSP has approved “supplemental guidelines” to push the banking industry towards full adoption of EMV technology at a much faster pace.
The BSP initiated the plan to require banks to migrate their entire payment network to the more secure EMV chip-enabled cards in 2013, with the original deadline on January 1, 2017.
EMV chip t
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE’s Forbes points to bias among overworked MPC members
- Asset purchase programme is key to central bank credibility – ECB paper
- UK payments regulator unveils competition reforms
- OCC warns on cyber risks from subpar patches at US banks