Sweden’s financial infrastructure system faces “heightened” levels of operational risk until the country’s securities settlement system is upgraded, the country’s central bank warns.
“The operational risk in the financial system will be increased until Euroclear Sweden has replaced its IT system for securities settlement, the VPC system,” Sveriges Riksbank says in its latest financial infrastructure report, released on June 7.
“Since 2013, the Riksbank has repeatedly pointed out that Euroclear
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE’s Forbes points to bias among overworked MPC members
- Asset purchase programme is key to central bank credibility – ECB paper
- UK payments regulator unveils competition reforms
- OCC warns on cyber risks from subpar patches at US banks