Research published by the RBNZ sets out the designs of three new methods for calculating house price indexes.
The “analytical note”, by Jed Armstrong, Ashley Dunstan and Tobias Irrcher, builds on an improved dataset provided by the Real Estate Institute of New Zealand. The authors create an index based on the sales price-to-appraisal ratio (Spar), hedonic regression and repeat sales.
“All three methods are found to produce credible-looking indexes, which match the turning points and well-estab
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- South African governor rejects calls to change mandate