A working paper published by the Bank of Spain examines how the degree to which a country’s exports are concentrated in certain product markets affects their response to fluctuations in demand.
In On domestic demand and export performance in the euro area countries: does export concentration matter?, Paulo Soares Esteves and Elvira Prades use panel data techniques to assess data from 12 eurozone countries between 1997 and 2014. They examine whether eurozone countries have different substituti
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- No ‘Taylor rule’ without Meltzer’s support
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré