The Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe has lashed out at what it claims are false social media reports regarding the introduction of new bond notes, prohibition of the use of MasterCard and criticism of the government for not accepting the new local currency.
“These statements are false and should be treated with the contempt they deserve,” said governor John Mangudya in a statement released earlier this month.
Throughout May, reports on social media sites have accused the Zimbabwean government of not a
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- No ‘Taylor rule’ without Meltzer’s support
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré