The jury is still out on whether central banks should issue digital forms of central bank money, a discussion by senior policymakers has shown.
As part of celebrations of the Deutsche Bundesbank’s sixtieth birthday on June 14, central bankers from around the world discussed what impact various forms of fintech innovation could have on the future of central banking.
“The intensity with which we discuss this topic doesn’t really match the knowledge we have about how these technologies are affect
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- Asset purchase programme is key to central bank credibility – ECB paper
- BoE’s Forbes points to bias among overworked MPC members
- UK payments regulator unveils competition reforms
- OCC warns on cyber risks from subpar patches at US banks