The Bank of England’s chief cashier has called on the industry to keep cash relevant in an age where technological innovation has revolutionised payment infrastructure.
Speaking at the ATM and Cash Innovation Conference on June 13, Victoria Cleland said the cash industry should not become “complacent” in the face of competition.
“Reliance on cash is less significant than in the past but it is still crucial to everyday life and I encourage the cash industry to continue to innovate, to evolve, a
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE’s Forbes points to bias among overworked MPC members
- Asset purchase programme is key to central bank credibility – ECB paper
- UK payments regulator unveils competition reforms
- OCC warns on cyber risks from subpar patches at US banks