The finance minister of Barbados has thanked outgoing central bank governor DeLisle Worrell at a press conference on February 27, after sacking him last week.
"I believe it is incumbent on me, on behalf of the government of Barbados to publicly thank Dr Worrell for his long and outstanding service to the Central Bank of Barbados specifically, and Barbados in general," said Christopher Sinckler.
The press conference was convened to give Sinckler a chance to review the state of the Caribbean islan
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- South African governor rejects calls to change mandate