At a recent conference on international banking1, a question was posed to an expert panel – which included regulators – as to whether regulators prefer buffers or contingent convertible bonds (cocos)...
- New legislation to grant BoE more power over payments infrastructure
- Sri Lankan governor appears before inquiry into alleged fraud
- BoE unlikely to predict next financial crisis, says MPC member
- New deposits backed by central bank money could solve public mistrust
- Europe must strengthen money-laundering controls – EU agencies