The risk of a severe drop in the value of the Norwegian oil fund will become much greater if the government increases its spending of oil revenues, Øystein Olsen warned on February 16.
The Norges Bank governor noted the government had that day approved an increase in the fund's equity allocation from 60% to 70% on the central bank's recommendation. At the same time, the expected return was revised down from 4% to 3%.
The Government Pension Fund Global, managed by Norges Bank Investment Managemen
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- South African governor rejects calls to change mandate