UK: Kristin Forbes is to step down as a member of the Bank of England's monetary policy committee (MPC) and return to academia when her term ends on June 30. Forbes retained her affiliation with MIT's...
- New legislation to grant BoE more power over payments infrastructure
- Sri Lankan governor appears before inquiry into alleged fraud
- BoE unlikely to predict next financial crisis, says MPC member
- New deposits backed by central bank money could solve public mistrust
- Europe must strengthen money-laundering controls – EU agencies