The UK's finance minister has said the government led by new prime minister Theresa May has no plans to alter the monetary policy framework of the Bank of England, rebuffing allegations the prime minister...
- New legislation to grant BoE more power over payments infrastructure
- Sri Lankan governor appears before inquiry into alleged fraud
- BoE unlikely to predict next financial crisis, says MPC member
- New deposits backed by central bank money could solve public mistrust
- Europe must strengthen money-laundering controls – EU agencies