Fiat currencies are unlikely to be threatened any time soon by increasingly popular virtual currencies, such as bitcoin, because the very design and size of this mostly unregulated digital market robs...
- New legislation to grant BoE more power over payments infrastructure
- Sri Lankan governor appears before inquiry into alleged fraud
- BoE unlikely to predict next financial crisis, says MPC member
- New deposits backed by central bank money could solve public mistrust
- Europe must strengthen money-laundering controls – EU agencies