The Bank of England (BoE) is widely expected to ease its monetary policy stance later this week, with one former official today (August 2) suggesting it has "boxed itself in" in the run-up to the decision....
- New legislation to grant BoE more power over payments infrastructure
- Sri Lankan governor appears before inquiry into alleged fraud
- BoE unlikely to predict next financial crisis, says MPC member
- New deposits backed by central bank money could solve public mistrust
- Europe must strengthen money-laundering controls – EU agencies