The UK's chancellor, George Osborne, today defended his decision to change the Bank of England's (BoE's) remit without a formal review process, and dodged accusations that he was merely passing the buck...
- BoE injects £3.1bn liquidity into UK banks
- Dombret warns clearing and securities depository business may leave London
- Draghi: Central bankers must align policies
- Danish central bank urges Basel Committee to reconsider parameter floors
- Sri Lankan governor will not seek reappointment until inquiry passes