The European Commission has announced plans to consider options for a common bond in the eurozone to help alleviate funding pressure on sovereigns, an issue that has divided member states.
On Wednesday, European Commissioner José Manuel Barroso, said after much debate on the need for euro bonds, the commission would soon present a number of options for the introduction of the bonds.
Barroso, who was speaking at a debate on the economic crisis and the euro at the European Parliament, said that wh
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- South African governor rejects calls to change mandate