The law will entail the governor of the central bank reporting directly to President Mubarak and parliament. The governor previously reported to the economy minister - a post that has now been abolished - and to the prime minister.
Under the new law, the central bank will have sole responsibility for exchange rate policy, as well as ma
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Asset purchase programme is key to central bank credibility – ECB paper
- BoE’s Haldane examines changing nature of work
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July