Any combination of the "material parts" of the ANZ and the National Bank requires Reserve Bank approval.
Announced in October and completed on 1 December, the acquisition creates New Zealand's biggest banking group with assets of about $70 billion.
ANZ is targeting pre-tax annual savings of $A110 million
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July