Leonid Hurwicz, Eric Maskin and Roger Myerson are the winners of the 2007 Sveriges Riksbank Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences, the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences said on Monday.
The three economists, all university professors at US universities, will share a prize of SKr10 million ($1.57 million) prize for having laid the foundations of mechanism design theory, which enables economists to distinguish situations in which markets work well from those that do not. The theory was initiated by H
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- South African governor rejects calls to change mandate