Source: Irish Times
The Central Bank plans to hire a foreign firm to mint 100 million small denomination euro coins to meet the strong demand being fuelled by people hoarding coins.
The Bank said yesterday it had issued a tender for the coins, which will be the
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE’s Forbes points to bias among overworked MPC members
- Asset purchase programme is key to central bank credibility – ECB paper
- UK payments regulator unveils competition reforms
- OCC warns on cyber risks from subpar patches at US banks