The MOU was signed by the head of Mezan Bank Limited Pakistan and representative of International Centre for Education in Islamic Finance (INCEIF) Malaysia. Governor of State Bank Dr Shamshad Akhtar and governor Central Bank of Malaysia Dr Zeti Akhtar were also present to witness the ceremony.
Dr Akhtar welcomed the initiative to promote the Islamic banking in the country. She said that a
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE’s Forbes points to bias among overworked MPC members
- Asset purchase programme is key to central bank credibility – ECB paper
- UK payments regulator unveils competition reforms
- OCC warns on cyber risks from subpar patches at US banks