"I hope it doesn't last, but so far, our rebound bears some resemblance to the so-called 'jobless recovery' that we had following the 1990-91 recession," McTeer said in a speech to the Montreal Economic Institute.
"Our unemployment rate continued to drift up for more than a year after the recession was officially declared over. It peaked b
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE’s Forbes points to bias among overworked MPC members
- Asset purchase programme is key to central bank credibility – ECB paper
- UK payments regulator unveils competition reforms
- OCC warns on cyber risks from subpar patches at US banks