Praet made the comments after the eurozone's 12 finance ministers selected Spaniard Jose Manuel Gonzalez-Paramo for the next vacancy on the ECB board, despite the widespread view that Praet was far better qualified.
"I would never consider such a job again without a very clear clarifica
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July