The irrepressible Mervyn King, deputy governor of the Bank of England, was in ebullient mood Tuesday night at the London School of Economics as he lauded the achievements of the Bank's ten years of inflation targetting. Nick Carver of Central Banking was there to report on the speech.
Dr King asserted that price stability was now a reality, and produced an army of charts and tables to prove this, and the benefits that have been bestowed on the UK economy as a result. The celebratory jaunt als
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- South African governor rejects calls to change mandate
Back to Top