Inflation in the eurozone hit 3.2% in February - its highest level since the creation of the single currency.
However, comments made by Jean-Claude Trichet, the president of the central bank, after last month's rate decision indicated that the ECB had shifted
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Asset purchase programme is key to central bank credibility – ECB paper
- BoE’s Haldane examines changing nature of work
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July