The backdrop to the planned rate hike is the semiannual economic report released last week, in which the BoJ forecast that Japan will likely see 0.5 percent inflation in terms of the consumer price index in fiscal 2007 and a 0.3 per cent CPI rise for fiscal 2006.
In July, the central bank had
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Asset purchase programme is key to central bank credibility – ECB paper
- BoE’s Haldane examines changing nature of work
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy