"The government has no power in the matter; the Bank of Italy is an independent and autonomous institution," he said.
Berlusconi added: 'It's very clear, the government has no power' over the Bank of Italy.
'Only the ECB can intervene,' he added.
The Italian PM repeated that the government has proposed reform
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July