As part of the dramatic and rapid alteration of the financial industry in recent days, Barclays has announced that it is interested in buying part of Lehman Brothers' investment banking business, while Lloyd's is in talks with HBOS about acquiring the embattled UK lender.
Barclays, a British banking group, was one of the favoured suitors for Lehman Brothers over the weekend that ultimately led to the American investment bank's slide into preparations for bankruptcy proceedings. It has announc
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- BoE’s Haldane examines changing nature of work
Back to Top