While one Shanghai market official said gold trading will start in June, the central bank wouldn't confirm it. "Even if we knew, we still wouldn't say," said Pan Jun, deputy director of gold and silver administration at the People's Bank of China.
The central bank still buys and sells all gold in China, with the exception of some old gold jewellery.Several state-
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July