Bergstrom said that the moderate wage increases included in the wage deals reached so far this year helped increase leeway for monetary policy.
"This year's wage bargaining rounds, which cover the greater part of the private sector and the entire central government sector, are in full swing," he said.
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- BoE’s Haldane examines changing nature of work