China's central bank new description of its exchange rate policy may hint at plans to allow greater movement against the US dollar.
The monetary policy committee of the People's Bank made a small addition to the description of their exchange rate policy at its quarterly meeting. Although maintaining the commitment to "maintain the basic stability of the renminbi exchange rate", the new description contains the proviso that currency stability should involve a "reasonable an
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Asset purchase programme is key to central bank credibility – ECB paper
- BoE’s Haldane examines changing nature of work
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July