Inflation surged to 3.2% in the 12 months to January, up from 3.1% the previous month, data from Eurostat, the European Commission's statistics bureau, indicate.
With inflation at a record high, the European Central Bank is likely to maintain its moderately hawkish stance and now looks certain to hold rates at its meeting on 7 February, despite fears of a global slo
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- South African governor rejects calls to change mandate