Following the court action by British bureau de change Travelex, a verdict was reached Thursday. Travelex claimed that they owned the "€" euro symbol, had used it since 1989 and that the ECB's use of it breached their copyright. Travelex lost the case with judges ruling their logo looked more like a "C".
Source: Business & Finance
British bureau de change Travelex has failed in its E25.5m battle with the European Commission over the rights to the euro symbol.
The company claimed that the Europea
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July
Back to Top