Dr Guma took up his position yesterday, 1 August. The position of deputy governor was made vacant in April 2001 by the retirement of Tim Thahane.
The bank has three deputy governors in total. Dr Guma joins Gill Marcus and James Cross in the post.
In a statement released late on 29 July, Reserve Bank Governor Tito Mboweni said the appointment is for a period of five years.
Guma was born 20
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- South African governor rejects calls to change mandate