Leading news agencies reported on Tuesday that the value of the central bank's assets had fallen by 32% from Dh285.9 billion ($77.8 billion) in 2007 to Dh193.7 billion ($52.7 billion).
The fall follows a 177% expansion in the central bank's balance sheet from 2006 to 2007.
The central bank also said that its profit had risen from Dh3.78 billion ($1.0
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE’s Forbes points to bias among overworked MPC members
- Asset purchase programme is key to central bank credibility – ECB paper
- UK payments regulator unveils competition reforms
- OCC warns on cyber risks from subpar patches at US banks