Quoted in the daily Nepszabadsag, Jarai said that Hungary aims to join the EMU two years after EU accession, which the government hopes will take place at the beginning of 2004.
In order to adopt the euro, inflation will have to be reduced to 2% by the end of 2004, said Jarai. With the wid
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Asset purchase programme is key to central bank credibility – ECB paper
- BoE’s Haldane examines changing nature of work
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July