His words, made during the Bank of Mexico's quarterly report on inflation, showed great confidence in light of the severe economic difficulties in other countries in Latin America. The remarks also came after a period in which Mexican markets have come under pressure.
Instead, Guillermo Ortiz, the bank's governor, predict
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- South African governor rejects calls to change mandate